Powered by: Austin Designs, LLC © 2017
SHAPE Montana - Society of Health And Physical Educators (SHAPEMT) is a professional organization of educators dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles among all Montanans through the promotion of health education, physical education, lifetime fitness and recreational activities, and dance.
The mission of SHAPEMT is to provide advocacy to its members; provide a venue for presentation of research; provide information on grant opportunities; and provide professional development through conventions and workshops to its members.
It is the duty of the officers and members of SHAPEMT to actively seek out new information regarding health enhancement and education in order to ensure professional development and to communicate this information with the people of Montana.
1. Increase advocacy efforts. Promote and communicate the benefits of a healthy lifestyle by providing professional development to members to pass onto stake holders. Promote sound professional practice to maintain/increase physical activity in K-12 education. **Annual convention, website, remain current with state and national legislation.
2. Increase available revenues. Increased available revenues enhances all aspects of SHAPEMT to fulfill both the vision and mission. **increase sponsorship, increase membership.
3. Increase and diversify membership and services. Provide resources to promote and disseminate programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and sport. Expand recognition for programs from the alliances. **contact higher educational professionals, administrators, work on student membership, keep website updated, update awards, list serv.
4. Create a more efficient/responsive organizational structure and governance system. To help future leaders become better leaders. **leadership training.
5. Increase efficiency and effectiveness of member services through technology. Increase user-friendly access to information: promote professional development, health and fitness information, and sound professional practices. **list serv, on-line learning links to website.